Health Quality & Safety Commission | News & Events
Summary of News, Events, Media Releases, and Blog Entries
Whakakotahi – primary care quality improvement challenge
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is increasing its focus on primary care and community services, aged residential care and disability services.
Report finds small increased risk of death from weekend surgery
The latest report from the Perioperative Mortality Review Committee (POMRC) has found that there is a slightly greater likelihood that people will die following surgery, if that surgery is carried out in the weekend.
Report shows fewer child and youth deaths
New figures from the Child and Youth Mortality Review Committee (CYMRC) show deaths of children and young people continue to decline. In 2014, 488 children and young people aged 28 days to 24 years died, compared with 620 deaths in 2010.
- High opioid prescription numbers a prompt for investigation
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 53 online now
- Accident highlights the need to share your advance care plan
- Celebrating the 'Open for better care' campaign
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 52 online now
- Abstract submissions open for quality improvement scientific symposium
- MORSim rollout to start in November
- Hear powerful short talks delivered by innovators from health and related fields at 2016 APAC Forum
- Adverse drug reaction reporting in primary care
- ACC invests $30m to reduce falls and fractures for older New Zealanders