Health Quality & Safety Commission | News & Events
Summary of News, Events, Media Releases, and Blog Entries
Report finds small increased risk of death from weekend surgery
The latest report from the Perioperative Mortality Review Committee (POMRC) has found that there is a slightly greater likelihood that people will die following surgery, if that surgery is carried out in the weekend.
Report shows fewer child and youth deaths
New figures from the Child and Youth Mortality Review Committee (CYMRC) show deaths of children and young people continue to decline. In 2014, 488 children and young people aged 28 days to 24 years died, compared with 620 deaths in 2010.
Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 49 online now
Issue 49 of the Health Quality & Safety Commission's e-update is now available online.
- Bowel cancer focus of latest Atlas domain
- How good is our health system? Health quality and safety indicators updated
- Frontline ownership having a positive impact on hand hygiene compliance
- PMMRC report finds drop in maternal deaths and stillbirths
- Sponsorship for consumers to attend integrated care congress
- Data shows size of difference in health care treatment by ethnicity, socioeconomic status
- Share your ideas and achievements via poster display at the APAC Forum
- Waikato DHB celebrates the success of inaugural patient experience week
- Suicide Mortality Review Committee report released
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 50 online now