Health Quality & Safety Commission | News & Events
Summary of News, Events, Media Releases, and Blog Entries
National reportable events policy review consultation and feedback documents
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is carrying out a review of the National Reportable Events Policy 2012 and is seeking views on the proposed changes.
Save the date for World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016
World Antibiotic Awareness Week is being held from 14–20 November 2016.
Waikato DHB's success with frontline ownership
Frontline ownership (FLO) is giving staff at Waikato District Health Board (DHB) a new way of improving patient care, and they are loving every minute of it.
- Call for applications and nominations for an obstetrician for the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee
- New health campaign cracks down on unnecessary treatment
- Collective action needed to further reduce sudden infant deaths
- Decline in falls and broken hips a success story for New Zealand health care
- Feedback sought on potential new 'anti-staphylococcal bundle'
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 58 online now
- Focus on hand hygiene reduces norovirus outbreaks
- Communication, respect crucial for a good hospital experience – Rose’s story
- Journal article profiles fracture liaison service
- Falls programme results to be published in the New Zealand Medical Journal