Health Quality & Safety Commission | News & Events
Summary of News, Events, Media Releases, and Blog Entries
Fight antibiotic resistance is focus of World Hand Hygiene Day
‘Fight antibiotic resistance – it’s in your hands’ is the theme of this year’s World Hand Hygiene Day on 5 May. The day is coordinated by the World Health Organization.
Waikato nurse wins emerging leader award
Waikato nurse Shane Werner is the first recipient of a new award for emerging health care leaders.
Safe Surgery update
The second Surgical Safety Culture Survey is underway, and news about planned co-design training and auditor training.
- Hospital infection rates now known following introduction of ICNet™ at Canterbury DHB
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-digest, Issue 64 online now
- Reporting of ambulance service adverse events commended
- Hand Hygiene NZ – findings from the 2016 survey
- Systematic review of a patient care bundle in reducing staphylococcal infections in cardiac and orthopaedic surgery
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-digest, Issue 63 online now
- Conversations that Count Day Update
- April Falls 2017 display competition opens 1 April
- Personal experience: giving back to the community
- Maternal Morbidity Working Group releases brochures about care review and sharing stories