Health Quality & Safety Commission | News & Events
Summary of News, Events, Media Releases, and Blog Entries
Waikato DHB's success with frontline ownership
Frontline ownership (FLO) is giving staff at Waikato District Health Board (DHB) a new way of improving patient care, and they are loving every minute of it.
Whakakotahi – primary care quality improvement challenge
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is increasing its focus on primary care and community services, aged residential care and disability services.
Report finds small increased risk of death from weekend surgery
The latest report from the Perioperative Mortality Review Committee (POMRC) has found that there is a slightly greater likelihood that people will die following surgery, if that surgery is carried out in the weekend.
- Call for nominations for a community paediatrician to join the Child and Youth Mortality Review Committee
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 55 online now
- Consumer representative receives award for improving hospital waiting areas
- Change to orthopaedic surgery reporting
- A vision for quality improvement in primary care
- Arthur’s helping to spread the word on advance care planning
- Family Violence Death Review Committee welcomes law changes
- Professor Anne Duggan on understanding and acting on variation
- New Zealand supports new Australian standard to improve hip fracture care
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 54 online now