Health Quality & Safety Commission | News & Events
Summary of News, Events, Media Releases, and Blog Entries
Waikato DHB's success with frontline ownership
Frontline ownership (FLO) is giving staff at Waikato District Health Board (DHB) a new way of improving patient care, and they are loving every minute of it.
Whakakotahi – primary care quality improvement challenge
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is increasing its focus on primary care and community services, aged residential care and disability services.
Report finds small increased risk of death from weekend surgery
The latest report from the Perioperative Mortality Review Committee (POMRC) has found that there is a slightly greater likelihood that people will die following surgery, if that surgery is carried out in the weekend.
- Call for nominations for the Maternal Mortality Review Working Group
- October 2016 'Let's Talk Triggers' out now
- Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 56 online now
- Commission celebrates infection prevention work in International Infection Prevention Week
- Everyone needs to have a conversation about death and dying
- Commission supports World Osteoporosis Day
- Inaugural hip fracture registry annual report released
- Commission’s falls prevention work profiled at international forum
- Vicki Culling awarded a Winston Churchill Memorial Trust fellowship
- Consumer reports from the 2016 APAC Forum