The Health Quality & Safety Commission has a vacancy for a senior specialist advisor.
Senior Specialist Advisor
- Wellington based
- Permanent position
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is seeking to appoint a Senior Specialist Advisor to contribute to the suicide morbidity and mortality related policy and committee work on behalf of the Suicide Mortality Review Committee (SuMRC) in partnership with the Commission.
The focus of the role will be to ensure the development and maintenance of a sustainable, quality, suicide mortality review system for New Zealand.
The ideal candidate:
- will have an in depth understanding of the complexities of suicide and the impact suicide has on families and in particular Māori communities.
- can navigate confidently in both the Māori and non-Māori worlds and a confidence in te reo me ona tikanga
- has a talent for working at both a strategic and operational level
- has ability to translate current research and data to progress the work plans developed by the SuMRC
- will excel in working in partnership with multiple stakeholders with a high level of skill in problem solving, conceptual thinking and distilling ideas to inform decision-making
- has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- has a relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience related to this role.
The Commission is a stand-alone Crown entity with a Board responsible to the Minister of Health. It is responsible for assisting providers across the whole health and disability sector, both private and public, to improve service safety and quality and therefore outcomes for all those who use these services in New Zealand. Read more about our values.
If you wish to discuss this role, please contact Lyn Harrison on 027 245 2477.
To apply for this role please forward your CV, application form and a covering letter to Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5pm Friday, 16 February 2018.