The Commission has the following current vacancies:
- Senior advisor, planning and accountability (closes 20 August)
The Health Quality & Safety Commission leads and coordinates work across the health and disability system to improve service safety and quality and therefore outcomes for all who use these services in New Zealand. Our vision is a world-class and patient-centred health care and disability support system in New Zealand. The four key strategic priorities that drive our work programme are:
- increasing consumer and whānau experience
- improve health equity
- reducing harm and mortality
- reducing unwarranted variation.
The senior advisor will be leading the planning, accountability and machinery of government functions as well as securing the best possible policy outcomes for the Commission. As well as promoting business improvement you will also be expected to maintain and develop effective relationships.
You will possess the following experience:
- experience in leading key planning and reporting
- good knowledge of machinery of government
- track record of effectively managing key relationships at all levels and a commitment to working in partnership with consumers and whānau
- background in policy development with the ability to stand back and see the ’bigger picture’
- an understanding of both health equity and Maori health to ensure that patient safety and quality improvement programmes contribute to achieving both equity and Māori health gain.
- a willingness to work in a role with a wide variety of work.
If this role is of interest or you would like to find out more, please email our consultant, Clive Horne, at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference 4893 or call on 04 473 6699. The closing date is Monday 20 August 2018.