The Health Quality & Safety Commission Board has vacancies for:
- a senior data analyst for the mental health & addiction team
- five members to join the Suicide Mortality Review Committee. Nominations close on Friday, 20 October 2017 at 5pm. Click here for more information
- Part- or full-time
- Wellington- or Auckland-based
The Commission is seeking a senior data analyst to lead the qualitative and quantitative analysis of mental health and addiction data for the new mental health and addiction quality improvement programme. The role will also include designing, testing, implementing and promoting indicators and measures to be used to evaluate the programme’s impact.
This permanent role is a full-time or part-time contracted position not less than four days a week, based in Wellington or Auckland.
The person we are seeking will have:
- Expert knowledge of New Zealand health data sets and more specifically those used in mental health and addiction
- Expertise in data management
- Proven statistical and analytical skills
- Expertise in the presentation of numeric data for health services
- Strong knowledge of indicator/measure development methodologies
With experience in:
- Health services information as analyst, health economist, biostatistician or similar.
- Experience using SAS, Stata, Minitab or similar high power analytic tools
- Familiarity with Instant Atlas or other GIS software such as MapInfo
- Government structures and processes
- Data informing approaches for Maori health gain
The role will report to the Director of Health Quality Intelligence and work closely with the Mental Health and Addiction team.
If you wish to discuss this role, please contact Lisa Clyde on 021 2488 190.
Send your application form, cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Thursday, 19th October 2017.