The latest issue of the Health Quality & Safety Commission's e-update for the period of 11–31 May 2015 is now available online.
In this issue:
- Individual surgeons' performance data of limited value, says Dr Atul Gawande
- Dr Atul Gawande makes the case for bananas, cocktails and cookies
- Dr Atul Gawande emphasises the fundamental importance of system-building
- Countdown to learning session two
- Issue 14 of Medication Safety Watch out now
- Call for submission of confusing look-alike medicine name pairs
- Fewer surgical site infections bring benefits to many
- Consultation on draft clinical care standard for hip fracture
- Atlas domains updated
- 'From Atlas to Action' workbook
- Sponsorship for consumers and providers to attend the 4th APAC Forum
- Partners in Care programme to launch consumer guide for DHBs
- Open for better care campaign updates
- and much more!
Click here to read the e-update.