Health Quality & Safety Commission e-update, Issue 51 online now
6 Jul 2016
The latest issue of the Health Quality & Safety Commission's e-update for the period of 13 June–3 July 2016 is now available online.
In this issue:
- As the campaign closes, we remain 'open'
- Orders for patient safety week resources open
- Whakakotahi – primary care quality improvement challenge
- PMMRC report finds drop in maternal deaths and stillbirths
- Co-design programme evaluation and case studies
- Support for setting up a health consumer council
- Sponsorship for consumers to attend integrated care congress
- Data shows size of difference in health care treatment by ethnicity, socioeconomic status
- Bowel cancer focus of latest Atlas domain
- How good is our health system? Health quality and safety indicators updated
- Quality and safety marker data published for January–March 2016
- Experience-based co-design programme focused on surgical site infection
- Frontline ownership having a positive impact on hand hygiene compliance
- IPC quality improvement training underway
- Improvement Matters – Issue 3, June 2016
- SSI national orthopaedic report released (October–December 2015)
- Feedback welcomed on draft alteplase/tenectaplase alert
- Updated oxygen section on the national medication chart
- Safe use of opioids national collaborative ends – opioid safety work to continue
- Surgical teamwork and communication intervention roll-out
- Deteriorating patient emerging themes and evidence summary – final reports available.
Read issue 51 of the Commission e-update.