See the latest workshop data for the advance care planning and clinical communication training programme here: Training report as at May 2021 (532KB, pdf)
Work in progress
Information about initiatives locally and nationally
- Work is underway with the Maori Women’s Welfare League (MWWL), working towards integrating advance care planning into Māori communities. L1A training is being provided for MWWL healthcare workers as a first step.
- Work is also underway creating new scenario videos for L1A.
- We are also looking at integrating use of the Serious Illness Conversation Guide into the L1A training.
- Kaupapa Hapori work is underway, looking at how best to engage Māori and rural communities with advance care planning.
- Looking at developing and implementing nationwide training for members of the community and others who are working with people in non-healthcare settings, to support advance care planning engagement.
Three months after participants attend workshops, what impact is training having on clinical practice?
- We will be surveying L1A workshop participants three-four months post training. We have already surveyed all participants up to February 2021. From July we will survey those that attended from March.