Changes to the Commission’s adverse events team
25 Feb 2016 | Adverse Events
There have been a number of changes in the adverse event learning programme team recently, and we would like to reintroduce you to the team.
Pictured (from the left) is Sarah Upston, Iwona Stolarek, Kiri Rikihana, Shelley Hanifan and Gillian Robb.
- Sarah Upston joined the Commission in October 2015 as lead coordinator for the programme.
- Iwona Stolarek joined the Commission as medical advisor in January 2015 and was appointed clinical lead for the adverse events programme in July 2015.
- Kiri Rikihana is the programme’s project manager and has been with the Commission since September 2014.
- Shelley Hanifan is manager of the national mortality review and adverse event learning programmes.
- Gillian Robb has been the clinical lead for the trigger tool programme since 2012. She continues to lead this programme as it is integrated into the adverse events programme, broadening the focus on patient harm.
The team will continue to build on relationships in the sector. There are plans to visit district health board stakeholders this year to meet and discuss the future direction of the programme.