The Health Quality & Safety Commission hosts an annual quality improvement scientific symposium featuring keynote speakers, peer-reviewed papers, interactive sessions and learning and networking opportunities.
It is the only New Zealand scientific symposium focused specifically on the science of health and disability care improvement by highlighting research and methods. Presentations from past events are available at the bottom of this page.
Information about the upcoming 2019 symposium is available in our events section: Quality improvement scientific symposium 2019.
- share what has been learned from applying scientific methods to health and health care improvement
- learn about current improvement concepts, advanced skills and techniques
- network with colleagues interested in using scientific methods to improve health and health care
- discuss challenges in applying and disseminating scientific approaches to health and health care improvement
- create a common understanding of how to apply and disseminate scientific methods to improve health and health care.