14 Dec 2011 | Infection Prevention & Control
Hand Hygiene New Zealand is seeking nominations for its first ever quarterly hand hygiene awards.
If your DHB has an outstanding hand hygiene coordinator; a remarkable gold auditor; or a ward that is passionate about improving hand hygiene compliance, then we’d love to hear about them.
Our quarterly hand hygiene awards recognise and acknowledge the hard work already underway within DHBs throughout New Zealand by highlighting examples of excellence and success associated with the promotion of good hand hygiene practices, increased compliance rates, and the implementation of hand hygiene programmes.
There are three categories for nomination:
· Hand hygiene coordinator of the quarter
· Hand hygiene gold auditor of the quarter
· Hand hygiene ward of the quarter.
If you know someone who is doing a great job within your DHB and who should be recognised for their hard work and efforts, please tell us in no more than 300 words why they deserve to win their category.
It’s simple; just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Hand hygiene quarterly awards”, and include the following information:
· Nomination category
· Name of individual/ward you are nominating. If a ward, please include a contact name
· Job title and district health board
· Short outline: maximum 300 words why this person/ward should be considered for ward/coordinator or gold auditor of the quarter
· Contact details for the nominated person/ward: email and phone numbers.
All nominations will be taken to the HHNZ programme team and a decision on the winner for each category will be made.
All winners will receive a prize and a certificate, and will be profiled in the first issue of the HHNZ newsletter due out in January 2012.
Deadline for nominations: 12 noon, Wednesday 22 December 2011.
Breaking news! Click here to see the winners.