This is a how-to guide that supports the use and testing of four emerging care bundles to reduce opioid-related harm.
The bundles were developed as part of our 18-month-long safe use of opioids national ‘formative’ collaborate (more information about the collaborative is available here).
The four bundles are:
- uncontrolled pain emerging care bundle
- opioid-induced ventilatory impairment emerging care bundle
- opioid-induced constipation emerging care bundle
- emerging composite care bundle to reduce opioid-induced related harm.
This guide is a work in progress and we anticipate publishing a second edition in April 2018. We welcome all feedback on this first edition. To provide comments, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The guide (downloadable documents)
Below we have published:
- the care bundles at a glance (an overview document)
- the complete guide
- each care bundle as a separate document with associated appendix and Excel data template
- a link to a page with examples of resources developed during the collaborative by the health providers involved (links to each resource are in the guide where relevant)
- the recording of the webinar, introducing the guide.
|Safe use of opioids care bundles – at a glance||(51 KB, pdf)|
|How-to guide – Reducing opioid-related harm through the use of care bundles (full version)||(2 MB, pdf)|
|Examples of resources developed during the collaborative by health providers||Link page|
(Please note, webinar starts at 0.33 seconds)
|(41 MB, mp4)|