This section introduces the Family Violence Death Review Committee (FVDRC).
The Committee is supported by a Secretariat located within the Health Quality and Safety Commission (HQSC). The Committee has a maximum of eight members appointed by the HQSC. The current Chairperson is Dr Jacqueline Short.
The Committee reflects the following family violence knowledge and expertise:
- knowledge of family violence issues from a service user/family perspective
- knowledge of child abuse and protection issues
- knowledge of service provision and operational policy in the social sector
- knowledge of Māori family violence issues and Māori families affected by family violence
- knowledge of other ethnic groups' family violence issues
- social science and health research
- knowledge of family violence law
- mortality review systems
- risk assessment
- medical expertise.
Click here to find out more about our Committee members.