The Health Quality & Safety Commission Board is seeking new member(s) for the Family Violence Death Review Committee. There are up to three vacancies available for membership. In particular, we are looking for the following:
- Māori members with expertise relevant to the Family Violence Death Review Committee
- Pacific members with expertise relevant to the Family Violence Death Review Committee
- Expert in criminal law and family Violence relevant to the Family Violence Death Review Committee.
Nominations close on Monday, 3 November 2014 at 5pm.
The Family Violence Death Review Committee is a mortality review committee established under Section 59e of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000. The Committee is required to review and report on family violence deaths and develop strategic plans and methodologies that are designed to reduce family violence morbidity and mortality.
Collectively, the committee will have the following expertise:
- knowledge in mortality review systems
- knowledge in legal, medical, indigenous, social science and/or health research and practice
- knowledge in the field of intimate partner violence and child abuse and protection issues
- knowledge in service provision or operational policy in the social sector, including family violence services
- knowledge in criminal law and family law
- knowledge of family violence issues from a service user/family perspective
- knowledge of Māori conceptual models for addressing family violence issues
- knowledge of family violence issues for ethnic groups.
In particular, applications are sought from candidates with strength in any of the following areas:
- expertise in the area of Māori conceptual models of family violence
- expertise in the area of Pacifica conceptual models of family violence
- family violence expertise
- criminal law expertise.
All applicants are required to have the following skills:
- wide professional or cultural networks
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at the heart of the Committee’s business
- critical appraisal skills
- highly developed written and oral skills
- wide life experience
- respect of peers
- appropriate clinical or professional experience
- ability to engage with the other members of the committee and contribute constructively.
If you would like to nominate any suitable candidates, please email Pania Lee (Pania.Lee@hqsc.govt.nz). If you would like to apply directly, without nomination, please complete the Application Form following and provide a current curriculum vitae, to Pania Lee. Nominations close on Monday, 3 November 2014 at 5pm.