Nominations closed on Friday 30 January 2015 at 5pm.
The Health Quality & Safety Commission Board is seeking new members for the Family Violence Death Review Committee (FVDRC), with expertise in family violence. There are two vacancies available. In particular, we are looking for:
- a Māori member with expertise in Family Violence relevant to the FVDRC
- a member with expertise in Family Violence relevant to the FVDRC, preferably a Pacific member (although this is a general call, the committee needs Pacific representation).
The FVDRC is a mortality review committee established under Section 59e of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000. The committee is required to review and report on family violence deaths and develop strategic plans and methodologies that are designed to reduce family violence morbidity and mortality.
Collectively, the committee will have the following expertise:
- knowledge in mortality review systems
- knowledge in legal, medical, indigenous, social science and/or health research and practice
- knowledge in the field of intimate partner violence and child abuse and protection issues
- knowledge in service provision or operational policy in the social sector, including family violence services
- knowledge in criminal law and family law
- knowledge of family violence issues from a service user/family perspective
- knowledge of Māori conceptual models for addressing family violence issues
- knowledge of family violence issues for ethnic groups.
All applicants are required to have the following skills:
- wide professional or cultural networks
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at the heart of the Committee’s business
- critical appraisal skills
- highly developed written and oral skills
- wide life experience
- respect of peers
- appropriate clinical or professional experience
- ability to engage with the other members of the committee and contribute constructively.
If you would like to nominate a suitable candidate or would like to apply directly, without nomination, please complete the application form and provide a current curriculum vitae to Pania Lee (email@example.com). Nominations close on Friday 30 January 2015 at 5pm.