The Health Quality & Safety Commission wishes to appoint members to a new Maternal Morbidity Working Group.
Nominations close on 14 March 2016.
The Maternal Morbidity Group is a working group of the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (PMMRC), appointed under section 59e of the New Zealand Public Heatlh and Disability Act 2000 by the Health Quality & Safety Commission.
A maximum of eight members will be appointed to the group which will include a representative of the PMMRC and collectively have the following knowledge and expertise:
- substantial clinical experience in intensive and high dependency care, specialist obstetrics and gynaecology, midwifery, anaesthesia, general practice and/or another relevant area
- an understanding and experience of working with different cultural groups including Māori and Pacific people
- knowledge and experience in maternity consumer issues
- knowledge and skills in the management and review of maternal morbidity review systems
- knowledge and skills in the management and review of maternal outcomes surveillance systems
- knowledge and skills in research methods, research process, data and information gathering systems; and analysis
- experience in maternity quality and risk management and quality improvement from a national and DHB perspective.
All applicants are required to have the following skills:
- wide professional or cultural networks
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at heart of the working group’s business
- critical appraisal skills
- highly developed written and oral skills
- wide life experience
- respect of peers
- ability to engage with the other members of the committee and contribute constructively.
If you would like to apply, please complete the application form (provided below) and provide a current curriculum vitae.
If you would like to nominate any suitable candidates, please complete the nomination form (provided below) and ask the nominee to complete the application form.
Please forward all applications and nominations to Lisa Clyde by 14 March 2016.
Application forms and information