Applications and nominations are now closed.
The Health Quality & Safety Commission Board wishes to appoint a midwife and a consumer representative to the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee.
The Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (‘the Committee’) is a mortality review committee established under Section 59e of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000. The Committee is required to review and report on perinatal and maternal mortality, with a view to reducing preventable deaths and supporting quality improvement.
Collectively, the Committee has the following expertise:
- knowledge of quality improvement and risk management, in particular quality assurance in the health sector
- knowledge of data and information gathering systems and analysis
- knowledge and experience of clinical epidemiology
- knowledge of DHB service provision and management
- clinical experience in neonatal paediatrics, perinatal pathology, obstetrics, midwifery and other clinical expertise relevant to the Committee’s function
- knowledge of Māori health
- knowledge of the health of other ethnicities, particularly those at higher risk
- consumer experience, networks and ability to provide a consumer perspective.
There are currently two positions available on the Committee: midwife and consumer representative. The Health Quality & Safety Commission welcomes applications from:
- Midwives. Desirable attributes include knowledge and expertise in Māori health and being employed by a DHB.
- Consumer representatives with expertise and networks relevant to the work of the Committee. Desirable attributes include knowledge and expertise in Māori health and maternal mental health.
The general attributes listed below are also desirable:
- previous governance, management or intersectoral experience
- wide professional or cultural networks
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at the heart of the Committee’s business
- critical appraisal skills
- highly developed written and oral skills
- wide life experience
- respect of peers
- ability to engage with the other members of the Committee and contribute constructively.
If you would like to apply, please complete the application form below and provide a current curriculum vitae. If you would like to nominate any suitable candidates, please complete the nomination form below and ask the nominee to complete the application form.Applications and nominations are now closed (closing date was Wednesday 8 March 2017).