This work stream aims to build and promote leadership capability for consumer and provider representatives to work together as partners in care.
As part of encouraging and supporting consumers and providers to develop leadership capability, the Commission has:
- supported consumers to attend conferences
- facilitated a leadership forum in 2013
- set up the Commission consumer network
- held a meeting for all consumers involved across the Commission to share their experiences
- developed a consumer facilitator training guide
- held a workshop for the Commission's clinical leads about engaging consumers in their work
- hosted the co-design programme with Dr Lynne Maher
- produced a video library of narratives from consumers and providers
- hosted three Show & Tell symposia profiling consumer and provider leaders.