The perioperative harm programme is delivered by a small internal team at the Commission, as well as two clinical leads.
The clinical lead, Prof Ian Civil, works with the expert advisory group to:
- provide overall direction and leadership
- actively engage with the sector as a key aspect of implementation
- resolve major issues escalated for consideration
- engage with other clinical leads in the Commission
- identify opportunities to enhance the programme.
Gary Tonkin, Senior Portfolio Manager for the Safe Surgery NZ and Infection Prevention & Control programmes. Contact Gary Tonkin.
Maree Meehan-Berge, Project Manager. Contact Maree Meehan-Berge.
Jane Cullen, Quality Improvement Advisor. Contact Jane Cullen.
Owen Ashwell, Lead Coordinator for the Perioperative Mortality Review Committee and works part-time on the Safe Surgery NZ programme. Contact Owen Ashwell.