- Create your own advance care plan.
- Prepare yourself to have conversations with consumers by:
- considering your biases
- ensuring you have the skills and confidence.
- Have conversations with the person and their whānau.
- Document the person’s goals, values, preferences and advance directives.
- Use what matters most to the person and whānau in care planning and delivery.
- Promote advance care planning:
- to the person and their whānau
- within your team or organisation
Resource: My advance care plan and guide