Presentations from the special one-day workshop with Jeanne M. Huddleston
In partnership with the Health Roundtable, the Health Quality & Safety Commission hosted Associate Professor Jeanne M. Huddleston from the Mayo Clinic for a full-day interactive workshop. The topic was 'Improving reliability of systems to detect and rescue deteriorating patients'.
Below are videos of the sessions from Assoc Prof Huddleston.
Session 1 of the workshop includes:
- Case study 'failure to rescue (solving an unsolvable problem)
- Multidisciplinary assessment of our 'failure'
Session 2 of the workshop is a session on failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) report out and survey.
Session 3 of the workshop covers solution design: integration of people, data and the care system.
Session 4 of the workshop includes:
- design experiment and metrics primer
- diffusion challenges and strategies
- case study – detection and rescue of a deteriorating patient.