At this webinar the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (PMMRC) will present perinatal and maternal mortality and morbidity data from its 14th Annual Report.
We will share examples of work in the maternity sector highlighting where things are working well. We’ll also talk about changes that can be made to improve experiences and outcomes for mothers and babies in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The PMMRC 14th annual report will be released a week prior to the webinar on 16 February on the Health Quality & Safety Commission website. If you would like to send any questions in advance of the webinar, please email them to Jo Sorasio (MRCSecretariat@hqsc.govt.nz). There will be a live question and answer session where key questions will be answered. We will publish the questions and answers, including answers to questions that are not answered in the live webinar, on our website in the weeks following the event.
Download a copy of the webinar programme below:
- Webinar programme (73KB, pdf)
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved in maternity and neonatal care including:
- midwives (hospital and community)
- neonatal nurses
- general practitioners
- mental health service providers
- Ministry of Health
- district health board (DHB) leaders including general managers and directors of Māori health at DHBs
- chief executives and heads of departments
- colleges and maternity groups including New Zealand College of Midwives, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Nga Maia Māori Midwives Aotearoa.
For more information about the event, contact Jo Sorasio by emailing MRCSecretariat@hqsc.govt.nz.