Call for nominations: Maternal Mortality Review Working Group – obstetric physician
The Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (PMMRC) is seeking a new member to join its Maternal Mortality Review Working Group (MMRWG).
The PMMRC is appointed by the Health Quality & Safety Commission under section 59e of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000. The MMRWG is a working group established in 2006 under the PMMRC. The purpose of the MMRWG is to investigate maternal deaths and identify possible areas of improvement in maternal care.
Applications close on Friday 1 March 2021.
We are requesting nominations and applications for an obstetric physician to join the MMRWG. The applicant will have expertise in maternal, obstetric and medical clinical practice, with knowledge and experience in the health service particularly in Māori health.
All applicants are required to have:
- experience in working with Māori and Pacific peoples
- wide professional and cultural networks
- credibility in relevant communities and respect of peers
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at the heart of the working group’s business
- critical appraisal skills, well developed written and oral skills, strategic thinking
- appropriate clinical or professional experience
- ability to engage with the other members of the committee and contribute constructively
- Māori health expertise and critical understanding of impact of inequity.
The PMMRC intends for the MMRWG to have a combined knowledge and expertise in the following areas: paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, clinical epidemiology, midwifery, neonatal nursing, neonatology, health quality and risk management, consumer engagement and cultural understanding of Māori and Pacific health.
If you would like to nominate any suitable candidates, please complete the nomination form below and email it to the MRC secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply directly, without nomination, please complete the application form below and provide a current curriculum vitae to the same email address.
More information, including the Terms of Reference of the NEWG, can be found on the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee webpage.
Nomination form (MS Word, 563KB)
Application form (MMRWG) (MS Word, 147KB)