The Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (the PMMRC) is seeking a new member to join its Neonatal Encephalopathy Working Group (NEWG).
The PMMRC is appointed under section 59e of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000 by the Health Quality & Safety Commission. The NEWG is a working group established in 2007 under the PMMRC to review data with the aim of improving outcomes and services for babies with neonatal encephalopathy (NE).
Applications close Friday 1 March 2021.
We are requesting nominations and applications for a level 2 paediatrician to join the NEWG. The applicant will have expertise in the areas of neonatal and paediatric care, and knowledge and experience in health service provision for Māori.
Applicants are required to have:
- experience in working with Māori and Pacific peoples
- wide professional and cultural networks
- credibility in relevant communities and respect of peers
- strong personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- commitment to the issues at the heart of the working group’s business
- critical appraisal skills, well developed written and oral skills, strategic thinking
- appropriate clinical or professional experience
- ability to engage with the other members of the committee and contribute constructively
- Māori health expertise and critical understanding of impact of inequity.
The PMMRC intends for the NEWG to have a combined knowledge and expertise in the following areas: paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, clinical epidemiology, midwifery, neonatal nursing, neonatology, health quality and risk management, consumer engagement and cultural understanding of Māori and Pacific health.
If you would like to nominate any suitable candidates, please complete the nomination form below and email it to the MRC secretariat at: email@example.com.
If you would like to apply directly, without nomination, please complete the application form below and provide a current curriculum vitae to the same email address.
More information, including the Terms of Reference of the NEWG, can be found on the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee webpage.
Nomination form (MS Word, 563KB)
Application form (NEWG) (MS Word, 154KB)