Registration for the Choosing Wisely 2020 forum is now open. The forum, Choosing Wisely – Choosing Equity: a focus on equity, sustainability and shared decision-making is being held in Wellington on 1 May 2020.
Register now at https://event-6874-b214.lilregie.com/
This is an important opportunity to learn about Choosing Wisely and sustainability, equity and shared decision making; and to share your experiences and knowledge.
We have some exciting keynote speakers lined up:
- Dr Kaveh Shojania (by video link) editor-in-chief of BMJ Quality and Safety talking on Choosing Wisely and sustainability of health care
- Melissa Fox, chief executive of Health Consumers Queensland and consumer representative of Choosing Wisely Australia. She will be talking on Choosing Wisely and engaging with consumers
- Prof David Tipene-Leach, professor of Māori and indigenous research at EIT and chair of Te ORA talking about understanding unconscious bias.
- Anna Adcock, researcher, talking about the research she has been conducting on shared decision making for Māori.
Two special interest groups on 30 April 2020
You will be able to register for two pre-forum workshop sessions to be held on the afternoon of the 30 April 2020, 4-6pm on:
- Choosing Wisely 101 – learn the basics of implementing Choosing Wisely in your service
- Choosing Wisely involving medical students and trainees.
Call for abstracts and posters open
Abstracts are being sought for the Choosing Wisely forum on 1 May 2020 in Wellington. Abstracts are being called for on:
- Choosing Wisely and the sustainability of health care.
- Choosing Wisely and engaging with consumers.
- Choosing Wisely and shared decision making
- Choosing Wisely and shared goals of care.
- Choosing Wisely and choosing equity.
We are also seeking poster presentations on innovative Choosing Wisely projects being implemented in New Zealand and on the evaluation of New Zealand Choosing Wisely projects.