At the Health Quality & Safety Commission (the Commission) we support consumers being actively involved in decision-making about their health, at all levels.
This forum promotes and advances the engagement of consumer and whānau voices in the health system. We link health system entities to diverse consumer groups, at the right level, in the right way. Online and in-person forums will be facilitated by the Commission. Each will focus on different topics and include regular news and updates.
A network of consumers including whānau, individuals, groups and organisations has been developed and continues to expand. This network is voluntary and for those who wish to become part of this national forum.
- Increase the consumer and whānau voice at the table.
- Provide input at different levels of the health service.
- Connect with other consumers and whānau and share information and ideas.
- Receive regular updates on health services.
- Be part of decision-making in setting the agenda for planned face-to-face forums.