Mahi ngātahi me mātou | Work with us
Our current vacancies are listed below. Click the + next to the role title for further information about the role, a position description and information about how to apply.
Māori Engagement Project Manager – advance care planning programme (closes 5pm, Monday, 25 January 2021)
Fixed-term until Dec 2022 | Full-time | Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch based
Ngākau tuwhera | Open
Te tāpiri uara | Adding value
Whakahohe | Energising
Mō te iwi | It's about people
Kotahitanga | Together
The Commission is looking for an experienced project manager who can effectively support the advance care planning (ACP) programme team to plan, develop, document and deliver their five-year ACP strategy and roadmap of action (2017–22).
The position will be accountable for engaging Māori in the exploration of what would best support Māori to engage with and use ACP services and working with Māori and the national ACP programme to realise those aspirations.
To be successful in this key role, you will need to have excellent communication and writing skills and have:
- the ability to successfully manage and participate in improvement projects at a national and senior level, including multiple tasks and priorities
- the ability to quickly understand complex systems and figure out the best way to positively impact on the system
- experience in planning and reporting
- the ability to develop appropriate networks, internally and externally, for collaborative work
- the ability and drive to deliver the required results in all key accountabilities of the role
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good stakeholder relationships through consultation and partnership
- a commitment to improving the quality and safety of services for New Zealanders.
The Commission has a strong focus on Māori health advancement and reducing inequity, and the successful candidate will contribute to these goals.
We celebrate inclusion and diversity in all areas of culture and are proud to have the Rainbow Tick certification.
For further information contact Leigh Manson on 021 928 581.
To apply for the role, please upload your completed application form, cover letter and CV using the application form on our website.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday, 25 January 2021.
Application form (75KB, DOCX)