‘Team Tamariki’: Paediatric early warning system (PEWS) poster for whānau, tamariki and staff
On this page you can download copies of our national paediatric early warning system (PEWS) poster, which gives a basic explanation of PEWS to support rollout by health providers.
The poster promotes partnership and communication between patients, whānau and staff. It aims to give tamariki and whānau confidence to ask questions if they want to know more about the PEWS.
The poster was designed by a small team of consumers and the national PEWS team at Te Tāhū Hauora. We also received feedback from clinical staff and tamariki.
Providers can display the posters in a central, accessible part of children’s inpatients settings in hospitals.
Between 30 October to 30 November 2023, they can also print the colouring-in competition sheet for tamariki.
Printable PDF copies include:
- A2 English (full colour background) with crop marks and bleed (if you’d like to have larger-format posters professionally printed)
- A3 English (full colour background)
- A4 English easy print (white background),
- A4 te reo Māori easy print (white background)
- A4 B&W colouring-in competition version for tamariki aged 15 and under. Note competition runs from 30 October to 30 November 2023 only. See sheet for details.