Let's PLAN for better care
Let’s PLAN for better care is a health literacy initiative to help consumers prepare well for their visit to the GP or other primary care health professional.
The original A4 flyer is also available as an interactive form (available at the bottom of this page). You can use the form to note down your questions and click the 'Print' button at the end to print your questions or save them as a PDF.
Planning for your next health care visit and asking questions will help you understand more about your health and treatment for an illness or injury.
If you would like copies of the Let’s PLAN A4 pads and posters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the numbers you would like and where you would like them delivered.
P.L.A.N stands for:
Prepare for your visit
- Write down your main concerns or questions
- Make a list of your medicines and supplements
- Did you know you can take a support person with you and ask for a translator?
Listen and share
- Say if you don’t understand and if a drawing could help
- Say if you’re having problems with your medicines or treatment, or can’t afford them
- Is there anything else you can tell your doctor or nurse about your health?
- What is my health problem?
- What happens next?
- Why is that important?
- Are there any other options?
- What can I do to help with my health?
Note down what you need to do next
Fill in the Let's PLAN form below and click 'Print' to print your questions or save them as a PDF.