The tools and resources on the sites listed below will help you improve the quality and safety of care for consumers.
They include background information, instructions on how and when the tools can be used, accompanying templates for downloading and often links to instructional videos about the resource.
American Society for Quality: Learn About Quality, quality topics A–Z
BCUQI, NHS Wales: Resource templates, examples and videos
Clinical Excellence Commission, New South Wales, Australia: Quality Improvement Tools
For more information or tools, please email the CEC Quality Improvement Academy Staff at CEC-CLP@health.nsw.gov.au.
International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua): Resource Materials
Quality Improvement NHS Scotland: QI Tools
Te Tāhū Hauora:
- Improvement education for the health sector
- Improving together: Introduction, four e-learning modules to provide you with an online introduction to quality improvement.
- Information on the Improving together: Improvers, Facilitators, Advisors and Leaders education programmes.
- Links to information on other education including the adverse events learning programme workshops, co-design online module, restorative practice education and Human Factors in health care online module.
- Quality improvement toolkit
This toolkit uses the common language of quality improvement. It shares some of the techniques underpinning the improvement work of Te Tāhū Hauora. This will help teams working on quality improvement activities understand if the changes they are making have resulted in the desired improvement. It was initially designed to help health care workers undertake quality improvement, specifically those working in aged residential care however has more general application.
- Te Ao Māori Framework
- Whakakotahi resources for providers starting quality improvement projects
Whakakotahi was a primary care quality education programme run by Te Tāhū Hauora between 2017 and 2019. This page points you to case studies from the work done.