Adult primary care patient experience survey: PHO guide to getting started
PHOs can determine their own internal process to rollout the national survey across their contracted network of practices within the provided timeframe. We encourage you to share the ‘Information for PHOs and Practices’ documents (sent to you separately by Ipsos) with your practices.
Each PHO should assign two superusers who have been nominated to complete the Practice Inclusion phase and act as main contact with the PHO. You can nominate or update a designated superuser by emailing NZPatientExperienceSurveys@ipsos.com.
Sharing information with your contracted practices
- Once you have decided your implementation approach we recommend you provide copies of the ‘Information for PHOs and Practices’ to interested practices as soon as possible. We recommend the FAQs in this document be provided to reception staff to answer questions about the upcoming survey.
- Practices need flyers to ensure patients are informed of the survey during sample week. This is an important aspect of ensuring patient privacy, refer to the privacy impact assessment for more detail. A version of the flyer suitable for print professionals is available on the resources page.
- The Commission will provide generic media statements that you can use locally to encourage patients to respond to the survey. These need to be released around the time the survey invitations are sent.
Practice inclusion through data collection portal
- You will update the online platform with the following information using the Practice Inclusion Manual. This will be sent to PHOs directly:
- name and contact details they wish to appear on the email, SMS and survey
- practice logo file (if they have one) and signature image (as desired)
- name and email address for practice Patient Liaison where ‘contact request’ alerts should be sent to.
- The PHO will be provided instructions and functionality so they can add and delete users at their PHO and practices.
- Ipsos will provide system documentation, training and support prior to the first survey for survey administrators at PHOs by phone or online meetings. For any additional questions, contact the NZ patient experience sector support line at 04 974 8630 or NZPatientExperienceSurveys@ipsos.com.
Reporting and next steps
- Ipsos will update you once you are able to login to your report portal and view patient experience measures and comments.
- Ipsos will provide a reporting manual, training and webinars detailing how to use the reporting portal and results.