Practical accessibility tips for producing consumer resources
‘There are a lot of views out there that accessibility is too hard… well unfortunately- or fortunately that isn’t true. What costs money is having to retro fit something.’ Mary Schnackenberg
In this interview, consumer and disability advocate Mary Schnackenberg discusses:
- Why right first time is in more efficient.
- Affordable accessibility tips everyone can use.
- How Microsoft tools can improve your accessibility in your document.
- Why building headings is important.
- Building accessible images and photos using alt text.
Mary Schnackenberg has represented and advocated for the disability community, particularly blind/vision impaired people, in many roles. Mary Schnackenberg is also a member of the Te Tāhū Hauora Health Quality and Safety Commission's consumer advisory group and consumer network.